She's Gone Blog Crazy


Paige has really taken to this writing thing. In fact, she goes through diaries, journals, notebooks, and plain reems of paper like nothing else. She'll just sit and write for hours. She writes notes to herself and her friends. She records the events of the day. She makes up story after story. She has even created her own newspaper.

Recently I bought her a magnetic dry-erase board for her room so she could hang up her pictures, artwork, and writing. Well, she loves it. It didn't take long though to see a pattern in what she was using it for. It started with a message for me: Dear Mom, I really, really, really love you. The next day a new message appeared: Happy Birthday, Aiden. I love you. The next morning she had written a note to the entire family: Dear Family, Even when I fight with you, I still love you. Abipadip. Love, Paige. (The abipadip part is a secret family word that means 'I love you'.) And again this morning there was yet another message on her board. Thats when she said, "Mom, have you checked out my blog yet?"

Yes, a blog. She is using the magnetic dry-erase board as her blog. She even puts pictures on it. I'm just not sure which one of us is more blog crazy, me or her.

Comments

Amanda said…
I love it! I should try that with my boys.

(here from BSU)
That is the cutest thing ever! A very creative little one you have there!
Christy said…
Her blog! Ha ha ha, that's so funny!
Kathy P said…
Like mother lik daughter! That is so cute!
Paigie is so cute and very creative! :)
The Lunds said…
Oh how funny. What a cute and creative little girl. They will certainly mimic just about everything. What a different generation (blogging).
If she is anything like her Mom she will be an amazing writer! Too cute!!
Stephanie said…
That is awesome! So great she wants to blog like mom.
Unknown said…
That is the most adorable thing I have ever heard!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today...also I read your Ten Lunches story before I came here. Great stuff!
Lara Neves said…
Sorry....just realized I was signed into the wrong email.
Mamarazzi said…
st of all..love the subtitle. so cute! love your little bit about yourself and loving this blog!

Just stopping in to welcome you to SITS. You are going to love this bloggy community and the women in the SITStahood!
Sandy said…
That's sweet!

I stopped by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you as part of the SITStahood:0)
Kate said…
I love your blog. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I will definitely be back. I also have a daughter that loves to write. I guess you never know maybe they will some day be a famous writer. Have a great week.
Ash said…
I love that!! I imagine it's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a safe system for kids to create their own blogs. Or maybe there already is. If not...hm...

Welcome to SiTS!! Em
Kori said…
Too sweet. Thanks so much for stopping by. I love BSU! And of course you can give me a hug... anytime.
Unknown said…
fiauna,
you can use peroxide in your laundry!! i googled it. lol

use 1 cup 3% peroxide and the usual amount of detergent fill the washer then add the clothing let soak
for 30 minutes. wash as usual. {don't overload the washer.}
said…
How sweet is she!

Welcome to SITS!
Anonymous said…
So cute. Love that she calls it a blog.

Welcome to SITS!
angi_b72 said…
Stopping by to welcome you to the SITS community!!
Candy McCall said…
She is such a cutie.
Keep writing my child. You will end up a wonderful one just like your mama!
Jay Allen said…
Today I dropped a correspondence in the mail to Paige from Mckenna. Cayson was jealous that she got a letter from Paige.

I just started a new blog yesterday, so I'm getting caught up on all of yours. Buzzpath's Blog

-Jay
Destiny said…
That is too cute! Isn't imitation the sincerist form of flattery?