On the Road Again


It's been five years since I ran my last race.
Though I've continued to run nearly everyday,
life has just been too busy for racing.
Until I found the inspiration to hit the road again.

Seven months ago my sister Mindy had a stroke.
Nearly fatal, the stroke wiped out the blood supply to the entire left side of her brain.
She lay in the Neuro ICU at U of U Medical Center
unable to speak, walk, write.
Then a nasty pneumonia infection collapsed her lung.

She's a fighter, though.
And just look at her now.
That's us on the 4th of July getting ready to run the Lewiston Patriot Border Run in Lewiston, Utah.

Way to go, Mindy. Way to go!

Comments

Kristina P. said…
What an accomplishment! Congrats to you both!
Emmy said…
Good for both of you. I always envy runners
Wendyburd1 said…
Wow that is amazing!! Go Sistas!
Susan Anderson said…
Wow. I'd say she is a miracle. Aren't sisters the best thing ever?

=)
Trent said…
What a great day for you both! Its so neat how close you too have always been.

Rachel
Jay Allen said…
Mindy is my hero.
Wow! Never say impossible!! Great work..both of you!
Anonymous said…
WOW! Way to go ladies!!!!
Erin said…
Congratulations to both of you. I am so glad Mindy made it through. What fun to be such close sisters!

Lewiston, huh? What a booming metropolis.
R. K. Allen said…
Sisters are awesome, but so are daughters! Way to go, both of you!
Denise said…
I had no clue Mindy went through that. Way to go girls!!! I thought that church looked familiar (we lived there for our first 6 years of marriage and that was our church, also my husband grew up there). Did you stay for the parade and festivities?
Em said…
AMAZING!!!!!
I love my awesome sister! It was fun to race with you! :)