When Should I Worry?


In the movie Napoleon Dynamite, Napoleon wears these awful moon boots despite the seemingly warm climate. In every scene he is wearing those boots. He even wears them for the dancing scene. We all laugh. We think it's funny; it's just another part of the quirky character that is Napoleon Dynamite.

As much as I loved the  movie, I don't really want to live it everyday in my own home. It's not moon boots that I am worried about. No. It's a puffy, purple, winter coat with a broken zipper that is too small. Yes. Keelie, my dear, sweet Napoleon, has taken to wearing the coat at all times. She would wear if everywhere if I didn't put my foot down and deal with her tantrums. She has even slept in the coat. She eats in it, consequently, it now bears the stains of Cheetos and peanut butter. If she isn't wearing the coat, she will grab hold of anyone taller than herself and plead with them (in her wordless way) to get the coat off its hook and put it on her.

For now I will smile and laugh. But when should I worry? In July, when she discovers the moon boots?

P.S. Sorry the picture is sideways.

Comments

She's so cute I think people will overlook the cheese circle stains. :)
Mindy
steve and lisa said…
What a cutie pie! I love that she tries to get anyone to help her get her coat!!
Tell Aaron we probably won't come down until the 50th anniv. party in June. That reminds me, I need to call him about it all!
We really miss everyone and those beautiful rocky mtns! It is so gray and dreary here! Ugh! The sun needs to come out!
We miss you guys!!! Love ya Lisa
Candy McCall said…
That's so cute...and funny.
You are good to put your foot down. We let Alyssa wear a life jacket for a whole week when she was one because we didn't want to hear her wail.
She can be our Napoleon Dynamite-
she's a lot cuter.
That make us "LUCKY"
Cristy said…
Cute! My 4 year old Jayden did find the moon boots and wore them all summer last year. Good luck!