Finding Bliss


At some point in life, we all must find our bliss. This weekend has been a time of finding bliss in our house; each of us finding our own bliss in our own thing at our own time. 

Last night the birthday boy took his family and two of his buddies to the planetarium. Those boys (and a few of their adult companions) found their bliss wandering around the displays, looking through the telescopes and pretending to land on the moon. With eyes twinkling, lips curved upward in a tooth-baring smile, Aiden declared his birthday his best day.

Brighton has found bliss on the basketball court. After a healthy breakfast of granola and oranges, Brighton had his best game of the season, scoring ten points, two three-pointers. His team-mates, while in the throws of elation over winning the game, picked up all 79 pounds of Brighton (he outweighs most of his team-mates by about 10 pounds) and cheered him for his game-winning efforts. Now, several hours later, he's still smiling.

I found my bliss this morning when, after assembling my new Sole treadmill, I plugged in my iPod and found running, again. I must say after 40 minutes of blood-pumping, sweat-dripping, lungs-burning exercise I felt a little euphoric. Yes, I'm addicted to endorphins.

I look outside to the backyard to see Paige finding her bliss as she "teaches" her little sister to play horses with her. The sun is out, the snow is off the grass and Paige couldn't be happier.

And now Aaron sits with a bowl of ice cream to find his bliss while listening to the BYU-Utah game.

Ahhh. A nice weekend was had by all. (Now, back to the dishes and laundry)

Comments

Unknown said…
i found your blog on blog stalkers..
i have enjoyed reading your posts.
i am now following you if you don't mind!
Kristina P. said…
I found my bliss at the tea house, stuffing my face with tea, hot chocolate, cupcakes, scones, soup, and a chicken salad sandwich. I will hate myself tomorrow.
Kathy P said…
Bliss while exercising? I am not sure about that... Somehow I missed out on the whole "loving exercise" thing.

But if you like it, maybe I should give it a shot.:)
What a wonderful day for your cult (Opps~ I mena cute) little family! That's supposed to be "mean". Don't youjust love typos! :)
Em said…
i must tell you that i originally read this post yesterday on my phone. it was lovely. we are still at primary children's for brennan and i was hiding behind a chair in the room on a cot so he wouldn't see me. it's the only way he'll take a nap;-) anyway, my husband had left to go listen to the game on his laptop in the commons room. i had been reading my book "the secret life of bees" (are you reading with us? you should!). anyway, i felt so peaceful, even though things were not ideal i just enjoyed the quiet time to read.
Angie said…
Hi, thanks for posting on my blog - I keep forgetting to write back but finally did today! What a beautiful family you have. It took me a minute to put it all together, but obviously you are related to the Heatons... Mindy also posted on my blog, and I looked at her site having no idea of her health problems this year. (Makes me feel like a dork for just waving to her when we pick our girls up at dance!) And yes Shane said he remembered you. The blog world really pulls us all together doesn't it!! I found bliss this weekend at our stake women's conference on "Finding Joy Within." Great speakers... and great thoughts... nothing I probaby haven't heard before... but a great reminder to "Find Joy in the Journey".
Candy McCall said…
I love this post.
Happy Birthday Aiden ( I didn't know) We were preoccupied.
However, Todd and I did catch cute glympses of the girls in the backyard last Saturday - My Dad was out there and asked how Keelie is doing- I was happy to say great!
Trent said…
Hey we found bliss that same weekend too...wasn't that when Utah beat BYU???? HEE HEE!! Go UTES!

Rachel