Four Things You Should Not Buy

That's right, Ladies. Save your money--let me spend mine. I hate it when I get my hopes all up about a fabulous new product that will either make me look young and beautiful, or make cleaning my house easier, only to find out that the fabulous product is a complete waste of money. So here are a few things you can skip and save your money.

1. The ErgoRapido floor cleaner by Electrolux. Why? Well, let me tell you. I have dark wood floors running throughout my kitchen (a kitchen that is about 800 square feet [this is an estimate, but it's large none the less]). This seemingly ideal flooring choice ended up being some-what of a mistake; it shows every ounce of dust, every bread crumb, every piece of cat hair or lint that happens to land on it. So I am constantly in search of a tool that will make the four-hundred-times-a-day task of cleaning the floor easier. The ErgoRapido seemed like a good choice. It was cordless and powerful and readily available at Target. But for $99 I got three months of use out of the machine. That's right, after only three months--just long enough for the 90-day warranty to expire--the machine's little motor bit the dust. I tried to make it work, but to no avail. It finally ended up in the garbage. Don't waste your money--buy a Swiffer instead.

2. Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer Fine Mist Spray. I have a cat, a daughter in diapers and a 9-year-old son who loves to play basketball. My house stinks. After seeing this product advertised on The Apprentice I thought, now that's the product for me. I loved the idea that this product could eliminate odors all over my house without me actually having to wash a thing. The only thing this product did was make me gag and give me a headache. Save your money--by Fabreze instead.

3. Smooth Away Instant Hair Remover. I'm just going to say it--it doesn't work. The only thing this product did was make my legs look like I had rolled around in chalk dust. It didn't even remove the finest of hair. Save your money--buy a razor.

4. Vita-K for Spider Veins. I am a little embarrassed about this product, but hey, I've had four babies, I have spider veins. I used this product faithfully, morning and night, for eight weeks. Yes, EIGHT WEEKS! It did nothing. NOTHING! Save your money--wear pants.

So there you have it, folks. Now you can save all your hard-earned cash and buy a Snuggie instead. ; )

Comments

Kathy P said…
Ha! Those are all things I would have bought! Thanks for the heads up! And why do they call them spider veins anyway? Mine are more like skid marks from a big ble diesel!
I tried replying on your other blog, but it won't let me right now. I couldn't wait until later to say congrats! I am doing a happy dance with you!
Em said…
saw your comment on my blog. so glad i'm not the only picture taker in dr's offices! love all of your personal touches on your blog ("1 of my fav people said" and "see what you've been missing."). love finding new women to learn from through blogging. to happy to meet you! and geese, i've heard a lot about snuggies lately!
Fiauna said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Birdie said…
I'm going to have to disagree with you on the Smooth Away. Bought it, use it, love it. Feels great, easy, and exfoliates (which explains your chalk talk). Otherwise, couldn't agree more on the other items.
Erin said…
I have never even heard of any of these products, but thanks for saving me the money!

I have seen your comments on three blogs today that I read, and I think I know you. (Don't worry, we were all crazy in high school. I'm sure we are all much more normal now.) :)

Cute blog!
Fiauna said…
The Snuggie part should be credited to Kristina P. I love her blog, but I'm not nearly as funny as she is. Not even a tiny bit.