I Dust With My Toes, and 25 Other Random Things About Me

Okay, so I borrowed this idea from Facebook, but hey, I like blogging better. I know you didn't ask for it, but here's a list of 25 random things about  me:

1. I quite frequently dust the lower-level surfaces of my house with my toes--in my socks, of course.

2. I eat the crusts that I cut off my kid's sandwiches, so I'm always careful to spread the peanut butter and jelly all the way to the edges.

3. I don't go to my high school reunions because I embarrassed myself a lot in high school and I'm hoping to someday forget the entire four-year experience.

4. When I was a kid, I didn't sing in the shower. No, instead I read the back of the shampoo bottle and acted like I was making a commercial.

5. I don't like vegetables. I think that certain vegetables aren't actually meant for human consumption--like broccoli.

6. I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't really care for meat.

7. I moved roughly 18 times before the age of 20.

8. I gave up running and took up Pilates, and I've never felt better--but somedays I miss running.

9. I don't work well in groups. I'm not a great team player because I lack self confidence.

10. I don't socialize well. In fact, since becoming a stay-at-home mom a decade ago, I feel like I've become quite socially awkward.

11. I feel tremendous guilt for everything--and I mean everything. I blame myself for global warming, the state of the economy,  my daughter's disabilities ... everything ... it's all my fault.

12. I once called a boy I had a crush on and pretended to be someone else while we had a 45-minute conversation. I was 12 at the time.

13. I've written four novels. Two, I published, one was lost when my hard drive crashed, and the last one I'm currently shopping around for an agent.

14. I do stalk the blogs of people I know, (and some that I don't know). Sometimes I leave comments. Sometimes I just lurk.

15. Over the span of four pregnancies, I've gained and lost 90 pounds.

16. I'm the worst proof reader out there. So if you find typos, kindly look the other way and understand that I am only human.

17. I dreamt of having three children. I have four and feel very blessed.

18. I eat chocolate everyday.

19. I have cut, colored, and permed my own hair.

20. I am happier now than I ever thought possible.

21. Marriage is better than I thought it would be. 13 1/2 years and still going strong.

22. I've come to understand that growing up means seeing some ugly things in life. And the older I get, the more I will see.

23. I am starting to find a few grays mixed with my dark-brown hair--and I'm okay with that.

24. Meeting and marrying my husband is the best thing that has happened to me.

25. Having a special-needs child is the second-best thing that has happened to me. Though there was a time that I cried everyday about my daughter's disability, now I feel at peace. And though I would still give my right, left and any other arm or leg it required to see her grow up and raise her own family, I love her the way she is and wouldn't change a thing about her.

Now you know a little more about me--not that you asked. I hope you still like me, dusty socks and all.

Comments

Christy said…
I love your 25 things! You're not on Facebook, are you?

I too am getting more socially awkward as I get more entrenched in life with kids. *sigh*

I am pretty sure, however, that broccoli is pretty much one of the only veggies that IS meant for human consumption. I LOVE it!

And reading blogs of those I know if a pasttime for me too, can you tell? :o)

P.S. I'm sorry I'm such a slacker, but I need to invite Aiden over for a playdate. Jake can't get enough of him.
Shauna said…
I love reading about you! Thanks for sharing :) ♥ Hugs!
Stephanie said…
It was fun to hop over to your blog and "meet" you. Thanks for dropping by mine so I could. :)
Kirsty said…
I think dusting with your socks is SMART! I sometimes wipe down the bathroom with the towels I am taking to wash...its all time saving stuff;)
I am with you on the broccoli, it smells bad and tastes bad..but I still make my kids eat it LOL
Candy McCall said…
I learned more about you from this than I have just chatting.
We need to chat more!