Update on Keelie's Coat of Many Colors

So after my brother Benjy begged and pleaded for me to wash the purple puffy coat,(he found the peanut butter and Cheeto stains repulsive) I decided it was time to do something. While she was napping (without the coat for a change) I slipped it into the washing machine. Later that afternoon, I noticed that Keelie kept going into the laundry room. Was she straightening up in there? Well, one could dream. Then she came and grabbed my hand, and, in her wordless way, bid me to follow her. I knew she was asking for me to get something for her, but couldn't tell what she wanted. If she could just learn charades or pictionary this would all be easier. Does she want this old shoe box, or this pumpkin lantern? Who knows? I guessed at a few things, to each of which she thrust out her hand and said no. Then, standing on the tips of her little toes, she lifted the lid to the washing machine and reached inside. The lid on the washing machine is at about eye level for her and there on the top of the load of wet laundry waiting for the dryer was the soggy, purple, puffy coat. She demanded in that way she has that I get the wet coat out of the washer and put it on her. I didn't. I explained to her that it needed to dry. Yes, she cried and had a bit of a tantrum. Then she walked into the mud room and found my  green, puffy vest, and, in her wordless way, demanded that I put it on her. Now, she is always wearing my green, puffy vest. Fickle, fickle girl. Let's hope it fairs better than the purple, puffy coat has.

Comments

steve and lisa said…
AHHHH! That is sooooo cute! I also love your story! Miss you guys! LIsa