Wonder


There's a song called Wonder sung by Natalie Merchant. I listened to the words once while I was driving in the car and they've stayed with me. When I think of how much Keelie has accomplished in the past two years the lyrics come to mind. It's the chorus that strikes me, gives me chills, makes me feel good.

Oh, I believe
Fate smiled and Destiny
laughed as she came to my cradle,
"Know this child will be able,"
laughed as she came to my mother,
"Know this child will not suffer,"
laughed as my body she lifted,
"Know this child will be gifted.
With love, with patience and with faith,
she'll make her way."

Isn't that a nice thought? No matter what we've been told, our daughter will be alright. We celebrate the small things like her ability to follow a simple command, or the times she plays appropriately with a toy. That means she can learn. It takes love and a lot, really, a lot, of patience, and undying faith, but somehow I have to believe that she will make her way.

Comments

The Lunds said…
That gives me chills too. She is such a sweet little girl and really has come a long way. You are definitely the parents she needs!
Byron said…
What a beautiful song. She is really a blessing in your life. She is really blessed to have you two as her parents!
Whatever would we do without our Keelie! If it just to teach us, she's already made her way.
Candy McCall said…
LOVE that song.
Keely is such a joy.
It is so fun to watch her grow and explore.
Your family is definately blessed with having her spirit and bright beautiful eyes in your home.