Blame it on the Weather

I'm feeling mind-numbingly uninspired today. Blame it on the fickle March weather. So why write then? Because that's what I do.

Spring is a funny thing. I wish for it, dream of it, even whine for it all winter long. I've said that winter is my worst season, filled with dark moods and grouchy days. Now, I'm ready to rescind that statement. I think spring may just be my worst season. After pining for it's arrival for three months time, I want it to speedily carry me to summer once it's officially arrived.

For me, spring is like a bad relationship. One day it's kissing you with sunshine, the next it's slapping you with stinging, cold wind. One day it lifts you, enticing you with its promises of warmth and sunlight. The next day it's brooding and angry, punishing you with storm clouds and bitter temperatures. And you must ride out its temper tantrums, waiting, waiting, waiting for its sunny disposition to return.

And so I've embarked on this roller-coaster ride of a relationship with the weather for the next three months. But, you know, I'm going to dump this guy once my one true love, Summer, shows it's shining face.

Happy Spring, everyone! And here's to the better weather to come!

Comments

Kristina P. said…
Spring in Utah is so erratic! It's a nice day again, though.
Oh Spring you fickle thing... how true. Aubeny saya it's the best season of the year. :)
Snarky Belle said…
Your words are art!

Just wanted to give you a little update. We went to another doctor's appt. for my daughter today. She has been diagnosed with Sensory Integration disorder and borderline Asperger's. I feel equal parts relieved and scared.

Thanks for your comments on my blog, they always brighten my day!
Unknown said…
wonderful post..your writing is inspiring!
Kathy P said…
Love your lingustic imagery!! You have a gift.

I could use a little variety. Oh wait... we had a breeze yesterday. What am I thinking?
Em said…
uninspired!!??!! girl, you got it! i was trying to explain these same feelings to my friend the other day. by the time i was done she had convinced me that i didn't want summer right now b/c if it were warm like summer right now it would be bloody HOT (wait, is that a bad word in london? i'm sorry if it is!!!) by june. i thought, "she's right i like spring, it's not so hot." well, i do like spring, but only the warm parts. i'm ready for summer. mainly the nights. i love the summer nights.
Susan Anderson said…
So true about Spring. Even in California we have the warm, beautiful days followed by rain, rain, rain.

(But now that I'm a bona fide menopausal mama, summer's a little too hot of a date for me.)

=)
Candy McCall said…
Love you. Love your writing.
Thought I loved Spring, until now.
3 Bay B Chicks said…
The analogy that you used for spring was inspired. Your writing never ceases to amaze me.

-Francesca
steve and lisa said…
Thanks for all the kinds words! We sure miss you guys! Tell Aaron that as soon as we get back I can start looking into the invitations for the BIG party in June.
Thinking of mailing them out mid June.
I LOVE your writing! Cannot wait to see what happens in your other blog story! Tell your cute kids hi from us all. Life is crazy here but we have a great time. We are looking forward to June & spending time with everyone. I am trying to convince Steve NOT to drag the trailer through Yellowstone & then down into UT but he wants to go to the SAND DUNES!! Aaron & boys need to come - for sure! Cannot wait to lay on the beach!!! Love you all!! The Jones Fam.