Miracles and Migraine Headaches

I am a firm believer in miracles. I try to focus on finding miracles every day. Well, illness and all, yesterday was no different. Keelie joined me in the bathroom yesterday where I was soaking the toothbrush tray in a sink full of bleach, (that's what I do when I'm sick; I bleach things). As she gazed into the sink, I asked, "What are you thinking?" She looked up at me and answered clear as day, "Don't touch." I can't tell you how many times I've looked at that child and asked her what she was thinking only to be answered with a blank stare. It's truly a miracle. And even if she really wasn't thinking don't touch, I was. That would make her a mindreader. Even more miraculous, don't you think?

So what do we do when a miracle occurs at our house? Why, we celebrate. That's right, I made my husband drag his sick wife and kids to the University of Utah campus to watch the Red Rocks flip and fly to victory, (that's women's gymnastics, yo). We had a great time, queazy stomach, throbbing head, and all.


Comments

Kristina P. said…
I think I'm starting to get the headache part down this morning.
LaurieJ said…
Hooray for miracles of any size!

And I have always worshipped the Red Rocks :-)
Kathy P said…
I believe the Lord gives us tender mercies to keep us going through the hard times. I am so happy He gave you one today. It brought a smile to my face!
The Lunds said…
What a good sport. And yes, you got to celebrate the small triumphs!
Donnetta said…
We love to go watch gymnastics! But our favorite is Georgia's Gym Dogs! :)

Hope you feel better!

Thanks again for visiting!

BTW - how did you change your comment link to other words?
Kathy P said…
Hey Fiauna, Can you email me? I have a question for you. kathysblogatgmaildotcom. Thanks
Em said…
yaaaaaay!!!! we love the gymnastics team! plus, sean's physical therapy gets to clean up sometimes to earn money for graduation;-)
that is wonderful, it seems like you found a perfect way to celebrate a miracle. glad you had a good time!
Kate said…
We all need miracles at least once in a while. I am glad that you did and hope you are feeling better.
I'm sorry you had a headache. :( Keelie is getting so smart. I wish I could have gone to the meet. Friday will be fun, if you guys can come. :)