It Takes the Cake

Sometimes when life gives you too much cake, you've just got to make "cupcakes".

Can life really give you too much cake? Yes! After the anniversary party, we had too much cake. While I was busy folding the eleventeenth load of laundry, Keelie was busy turning the leftover cake into cupcakes. (I promise I didn't set this up; Keelie did this all on her own.)

Sometimes my little Cupcake (Keelie) leaves little (or big) messes behind.
And then I need Mama's Little Helper. (Yes, Rachel. I bought it.)

Anyone who really knows me also knows that I'm obsessed with my dirty floor. I'll try anything to keep it clean. And then I found this little fella, the LiNX Cordless by Hoover. No cord to hold me back. No wimpy rechargeable battery to slow me down. This baby really sucks! I mean REALLY. The 18 volt lithium ion battery recharges in only one hour. Now that's innovation.

The LiNX takes the cake, and crumbs, and dust, and dirt, and hair, and just about anything else you can throw under it.
This puppy gets my stamp of approval!


P.S. Check out Mormonwoman.org to read my essay "No One to Blame." Already read it on my blog? Then stop by Mormonwoman.org anyway to read more from women just like me.

Comments

I need one of those..where did you get it?
Susan Anderson said…
Checked out your post and really liked it. (I also really like your little vac!)

=)
Kristina P. said…
I would definitely help you finish that cake!
Sarah said…
That is awesome, the much needed tool for the Mom of an Autistic! Where can I find one?
Emmy said…
That is awesome! We have had a lot of cake crumbs on our floor lately.. eating all the left over cake I made last week.
Candy McCall said…
now I know what I'm saving for.
Kate said…
Sounds like it works perfectly. There is never enough cake.
Trent said…
You are so FUNNY! I cant believe you went back and bought it!!!! Well, it is nice to have a clean floor and every woman does need atleast 20 different types of vacuums in their closet! haaaaaa!

Rachel
3 Bay B Chicks said…
The thumbs up pose is KILLING me. I loved seeing your picture.

Oh, and my new mission is to find and buy this vacuum. I must own anything that makes you this happy.

-Francesca
Sapphire said…
Wow! I was just thinking about taking vacuum cleaner suggestions. I bought a SHARK years ago and I think it's a piece of junk. Then we bought Roomba which I liked, but I think I'd like to go back to a handheld. Sometimes it takes Roomba a long time to clean the entire floor and I get tired of hearing it run for thirty minutes when I could vacuum myself in 10, y'know?
Just SO said…
Keelie is just too stinkin' cute!! My kitchen floor is disgusting. I'm sure you would be horrified.
Wonder Woman said…
clever cupcakes.

super-de-super sweeper.
Em said…
wait, you mean i don't have to have crumbs and parts of grapes and pizza pieces and such on my floor beneath my bare feet???????
musingwoman said…
Oh, I like the cordless idea. I'm always tripping over mine.
Kami said…
What a cute post! My hubby needs one of those. He's the one that's obsessed with cleaning our wood floors. He's constantly telling everyone to take off their shoes and quit tracking in the mess and muck.