Three Days By the Bay . . . With No Internet Access

My husband had a tax planning seminar to attend. I was just the tag-along, spending my days lounging in a hotel room, reading, reading, writing, and reading. Ahhh--the good life.

When we arrived in San Francisco we were shocked by the cool weather (58 degrees--in July? Really?), stunned by the beauty of the city, and annoyed at the hotels lack of decent internet access.

We shopped in Chinatown, had dinner on Fisherman's Wharf (twice), drove over the Golden Gate Bridge, saw Coit Tower, cruised past the posh stores of Union Square, took a walk in Golden Gate Park, gawked at all of the Victorian architecture, took pictures of the Dutch Windmill, and navigated our way down Lombard Street.

But, sorry, no pictures. I forgot my camera's memory card. So if your husband has business in San Francisco, I suggest you tag along. But remember your memory card and make sure you have internet access.

Comments

Kristina P. said…
I haven't been to SF in so long! I would love to go back!
Em said…
ahhhh, my home town!!! did you see any signs for half moon bay?! that's where i'm from:-) we always went into the city for special occassions. i am severely missing the fog right now. the chilly air. mmmmm, i can't wait. we're going in august and I'D BETTER get some good fog;-)
Susan Anderson said…
Of course, we love SF. My husband works there every day though, so we don't spend as much time there on the weekends as we might otherwise do.

We were just up there for Wicked, though. And we do get up there every now and again to see my son, who lives in the Sunset District.

Glad you had a good time!

=)
Just SO said…
I LOVE San Francisco!! My husband got to go there for work a few years back and I cried because I couldn't go with him.
Erin said…
Christian's sister Jasamyn lives there. How fun for you!
Wendyburd1 said…
I have never been to CA!! it sounds awesome!
I think three days with no internet access would be delightful! Absence makes the heart grow fonder. RIGHT?
How FUN!!!! We wondered why Keelie wasn't in school last week. Glad it was because you were out on the town! Sometimes its kind of nice to go without Internet and etc.
Very jealous!

Rachel
Oh how I remember San Fra, I love going there. Richard is really fun in China town. I so happy for you. I still have all of my pictures if you want to share memory.
Kathy P said…
Sounds beautiful... 58 degrees? WOW! That place is just begging for me to go visit it!
R. K. Allen said…
One of my favorite weeks was spent in Frisco - on the 22nd floor of the ANA Hotel. We too spent a lot of time at the Wharf, where my favorite memory was a very obese man in a t-shirt that said "I overcame anorexia."
Emmy said…
Sounds like a great weekend! And how nice just you and your husband.

Sorry about the memory card :(
Candy McCall said…
next time when I say, I haven't seen you for a few days have you been gone and you say NO---well then...
So glad oyu had a great get away!