I Don't Share This With Just Anyone . . .

But I will share it with you. Here is the infamous cookie recipe by Fiauna:

1/2 c low-fat margarine (like Blue Bonnet Light)
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
3/4 c granulated sugar
1 c packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c oatmeal (optional)
2 c whole wheat flour
2 c chocolate chips

Combine first 6 ingredients and mix well. Add oats and one cup flour and mix. Add chocolate chips and mix. Add final cup of flour and mix. Bake at 375 for about 12 minutes.

Notes:

The dough will be thinner than traditional cookie dough. Do not add more flour as it will change the texture of the cookies.

You can replace the sugar with Splenda but it changes the texture of the cookie, making the cookies more cake-like.

So there you have it, my favorite, time-tested, kids-will-eat-them-all-up cookie recipe. I hope you enjoy!


Comments

The Rambler said…
Of course I come back and your posting about some ridiculously FANTASTIC recipe of YUMMY cookies.

Can't wait to try this with my 3 year old.

Uh, so if I can't do it, will you fly over here (HAWAII BABY) and show me?

Mele Kalikimaka to you Fiauna and your family!!1
Emmy said…
Oh thank you thank you!!
Tracy Loewer said…
Awesome, thanks! I can't wait to give them a try!
Megan Smith said…
yay!! I can't wait to try them!
Susan Anderson said…
Oh those sound good, Fiauna! And I am going to try 'em, which is saying a lot because I'm not much of a baker.

Thanks!

=)
Erin said…
Yum! Thanks for the recipe.

Do you add oatmeal when you make them? Just curious.
Unknown said…
thank you i will definetly try it
Stephanie said…
This looks great. I love recipes with whole wheat flour! Thank you.