What was my favorite part of Christmas this year?
My kids. Everything about them.
The way they were extra nice and helpful, fully aware that Santa was watching them.
The way their eyes lit up and their jaws dropped open when they realized they'd received everything they asked for.
But what I liked most of all was the way they all watched with excitement and anticipation as their little sister Keelie opened her gifts, in awe at the first Christmas that she was actually aware.
For the first time in her four years Keelie got it this year. She laughed at Santa, gaped at the tall Christmas tree, and thrilled as she opened her gifts. She even learned the words (or at least part of them) to Jingle Bells and sang into a microphone at school.
And Brighton, Paige, and Aiden were just as tickled as Mom and Dad were.

Yes, there really is a Santa Claus and he brought me everything I wanted too.


Comments

Sounds like you saw, and felt what Christmas is REALLY all about!
Kristina P. said…
This brought a big smile to my face. I'm so happy for Keelie!
Tracy Loewer said…
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas to me!
Susan Anderson said…
I have no doubt that one of the blessings of having Keelie in your family will be the love and compassion instilled in your other children.

And how wonderful that she "gets it" now! Christmas must have felt even more magical than usual.

=)
Erin said…
What a neat Christmas for all of you! I love the huge smile on Keelie's face as she stands by the tree.
Em said…
i was just as excited to wake up on christmas with no presents under the tree for me this year as i was when i was 10 with loads of presents to open. i was so excited to see brennan! so fun:-0