The Angel In My Hand


I sat in wait with outstretched hand,
Its empty plain to fill.
Came an angel, then two more
And danced as angels will.

I gently lowered them to the earth
And set them to their task.
Then raised my hand once again,
One more time to ask.

Upon my open palm I found
An angel in repose,
With feathered wings so small and white
I chose to hold her close.

She was too fragile and so weak.
Her frailty found me weeping.
I dared not lower her to earth.
I held her in safekeeping.

“Why don’t you dance?” I dared to ask.
“Or use your wings to fly?”
She shook her head at the question
And looked me in the eye.

“I’ve no use for wings and flying,
No need to dance and turn.
My task is so unlike the others’.
I am not here to learn.”

“I am here to do the teaching,
To show the world the light.
This tired world, for all its reaching,
Has sadly lost its sight.”

“So hold me high and let me show
What I’m here to be.
And if you’re patient, kind and loving,
You will learn from me.”


© 2010 Fiauna Lund

Comments

Wow Fiauna, that is so beautiful!
Susan Anderson said…
Right from the heart, Fiauna. And so lovely.

Perfect.

=)
Emmy said…
That is beautiful. Wow, amazing.
Loved it Fiauna. How neat.

Rache
Em said…
talented you are, my friend.
Sarah said…
Oh sure, make me cry this morning, cause I need to do that more. Absolutely beautiful!
Kathy P said…
Wow! So touching. Love the prose... love the feeling to it!
R. K. Allen said…
Wonderful. I share the same feeling about all my children. Each one has mad me a little more humble and teachable.