An Acrostic

Gotham Writers' Workshop and Writing.com are sponsoring this writing contest in honor of the movie debut of Alice in Wonderland. They challenged participants to come up with an acrostic inspired by the word "wonder." I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't know what an acrostic was before finding out about this contest and was fascinated with what I read. It's kinda like a poetic puzzle. So, even though all entries must not be previously published, I'm still going to "publish" my acrostic here. (I don't think "publishing" on blogger counts anyway.)
So here it is. I hope you enjoy and are inspired to write an acrostic of your own.

Possibility

Searching and uncertain, you ask if I can fly,
Eyes unable to see the possibility.
Everything is not always as it seems.

My life may be enchanted.
Yours, too, if you open your mind to wonder.

With arms outstretched I step toward the ledge.
I am trembling with anticipation,
Never questioning my ability to soar.
Give me your hand, I say to you.
Step forward and we will ascend with birds--or angels.


© 2010 Fiauna Lund

Comments

Susan Anderson said…
Nicely done, Fiauna! It's lovely.

Keep us posted, okay?

=)
Kristina P. said…
I love it! Good luck!
Wendyburd1 said…
It is so pretty! Nicely done!
Erin said…
That was beautiful! I have never heard of an acrostic before either, so thanks for sharing.
* said…
This is beautiful! Go for it & good luck!!
Candy McCall said…
Love that.
I must try, but not sure what it will end like.
Sher said…
Hey, I just wanted to come over and give you some comment love and tell you it what great meeting you the other night.
I'm subscribing to your blog now, so we can keep up!
kateroochee said…
hey! it is nice. i really had trouble finding what an acrostic is. Thanks for some ideas. :)
Byron said…
I hear you and Heather are rnning the Wasatch Back in June? That is great! Me too! Mendy and I just got on a team to run it as well. Very excited.