What's On My Mind

It's officially March which means myriad things: We're that much closer to spring with its weather ups and downs. So far it's been more up than down and oh-so deliciously warm. I can begin looking forward to the end of tax season and getting my husband back. My kids can play outside again. Unfortunately it also means my husband will be super busy and basically away from home the entire month. And when the kids play outside all the dirt somehow comes inside. Oh well, I guess we take the good with the bad.

***

My sweet, wonderful and super supportive husband just gave me the green light to spend lots of dollars to have my newly revised manuscript of In the Twilight professionally edited. We both understand that we most likely will never recoup the money spent, but he agreed that sometimes it's okay to spend "hobby money" in the name of personal enrichment. And, let's face it, while I may be able to tell a story I ain't much good at the grammar thing; I need all the help I can get.

***

My Paige has been home sick the last two days. Poor thing, she HATES to stay home from school. I tried helping her take it easy by providing a relaxing, quiet environment. Of course that means I had to take it easy and relax with her. If I had been bustling around the house all day, running the vacuum and whatnot, that would have agitated the poor sick child, right? Well that's what I told myself while I watched this movie. What? You haven't seen this movie? You HAVE to see it. It's my new all-time favorite. This movie is a feast for the senses. Anyone who enjoys a period piece will want to wallow in the beauty of Bright Star. Seriously, check it out.
Bright Star


***

What am I listening to right now? Let me tell you.
"Edge of Desire" John Mayer
"I've Just Seen a Face" Jim Sturgess from Across the Universe soundtrack
"Stop and Stare" One Republic
"Behind the Wheel" Depeche Mode

Have a great day!



Comments

Kristina P. said…
March makes me so happy. Hope Paige feels better soon!
Susan Anderson said…
Hope health returns to your house soon, but I do like the idea that you got to settle in and watch a good movie with your daughter. Sounds fun.

I'm also impressed by your husband's respect for your "hobby" that could easily become more than that. Not every husband would be willing to spend money on a maybe. Seems to me that he must have the same high regard for your story-telling abilities as I do!

=)
Emmy said…
Love your new header picture! So cute

And hope she gets better soon, though I might not want to if I was her, sounds like you two are having fun :)

So awesome about your book!
* said…
Yes, Bright Star, I just saw it for the first time last week. And Loved It!!!

PS: I'm glad it's getting warmer so my kids can play outside more, too. That's one of the blessings of spring time.

Good luck to you on your manuscript! {I set aside my first one for a breather & I'm starting my second one this week. Exciting times!}
Em said…
loved how warm the first two days of march have been. the hopefully person in me wants to believe it's sunny and 50's for the rest of the month, but i'm thinking not so fast...
That is so exciting about your book! How cool!

Tax Season is nearing an end, lucky for you guys! Doesn't Aaron take his traditional week off right after? That should be fun.

Spring is almost here! HURRAH!

Rachel
Erin said…
Oh, where did the other post go that was in my reader? I missed it :(

That is really cool about your book. I hope it doesn't just sit on the shelf, but that you make MILLIONS from it.

And I am going to have to look into a couple of those songs. I love learning about new music that I have to spend money on :)
Byron said…
I just read that you and Heather are going to run the Ragnar? good for you. I am jealous.
Wendyburd1 said…
Okay, this is all my fault I admit it. But people are thinking I am no longer reading them and so I don't want them to read ME and COMMENT, and I DO! I AM still reading you and I will start commenting again I promise!

I got into a bad rhythm when I started having so much computer problems, I started not commenting thinking most my comments were probably lame and not wanted, but i see that was a mistake and want to rectify that NOW. I am going to get back to my Comment-Whoring ways...that is Kristina's phrase remember that, LOL, and so come back to me my friends, I NEVER left you, I just got way too comfy with Google Reader and read you there!! I LOVE my bloggy friends!!