I promise I haven't gone anywhere; I'm still here. It's just that with so much of my creative energy being funneled into my current Work(s) In Progress, I am finding it hard to blog much.

Last week I spent spring break with my children enjoying time with MIndy and Aubeny (my sister and niece). We ate brownies (licking the batter was awesome) and played hours upon hours of Just Dance for the Wii. My arms have never been so sore (from the dancing, not the brownies). But when they went home on Saturday night, I was left with a filthy house to clean and a sick four-year-old to care for. Oh well, it's a small price to pay for all the fun we had.

I received rejections from two literary agents on Friday. Despite my best efforts not to let it bother me, it did. My children were the first to jump right in and offer their sweet words of encouragement, insisting that they LOVED my book and want me to keep trying. I will--for them.

Three more days until Aaron is liberated from his prison (office). I can't wait to have a husband again. We're planning a small warm-weather vacation--hope Mother Nature plans on cooperating.

Right now my cling-on mini me (sick daughter) is begging for yogurt, placing the container right on top of the keyboard as I type. So, guess I'll have to blog to you later. : )

Comments

Just SO said…
I'm sure that you will find someone who loves your book! Keep on keeping on.
Kristina P. said…
Somebody will love your book, and it will be the right somebody when they snatch it up!
Fiauna said…
Oh, you guys are way too nice. Thanks.
steve and lisa said…
Have a wonderful trip next week!! And if you can squeeze a trip up to Shelley on Sat. that would be so much fun to see you guys. We will be celebrating Kelcey's bday party on Sat. also. She is 19!!! WOW.
I know you will find someone that LOVES your book! I love that your kids are your #1 supporters!!! SO CUTE!! Love you guys! & miss you!
Emmy said…
Yes, don't give up! I think Twilight was rejected by several publishers before it got published, as are most books.
Don't give up! You are very talented. Besides you don't want just anyone to agent snatch up your works. You want one that truly appreciates you!
Erin said…
I have been thinking about you, knowing that your husband has been working overtime right now. Enjoy the time off together afterward!

And I'm sorry about the rejections. Keep them in your file so that one day when you are a rich and famous writer/author you can say, "Neener neener neener!"
Wendyburd1 said…
ur kids are so sweet!!!
Susan Anderson said…
Tenacity. That's the key.

i think you've got it.

=)

PS. And your kids are right.
Byron said…
you are too cute. Are you sure that the sore arms aren't from the brownies? My Mom is waiting patiently for the 15th as well.
Kathy P said…
Keep trying with the book. Someone is going to pick it up and be so glad they did. You continue to inspire me...

Oh -- and aren't you glad tax season is OVER!