Tuesday, January 31, 2012

So Random

Yes, I copied that title from the Disney Channel. I don't care. I like it.
If we make it to tomorrow (Feb. 1st) we will have officially survived January. Why is that important? Because, for me at least, January is a monotonous, tedious, downright boring month. And I always celebrate when it is over.

Tomorrow also marks 8 weeks since I submitted Indigo, my totally fabulous YA paranormal manuscript, to my dream publisher. According to their submission guidelines, 8 weeks is their typical turnaround on manuscripts. According to my past experience with them, 8 weeks is the longest I've waited for a rejection. This could be good. Or it could simply mean they are backlogged and taking extra time in the review process. Only time will tell.

I know I've totally failed my resolution to blog weekly. Blame it on that fact that I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm trying with all my creative strength to finish Shadow Waters, the next book in The Sprightling Diaries series. Originally, I was supposed to push through it by the end of November. When that failed, I set January as a target.  Nope, didn't happen. So, the end of February it is. It will get done. It. Will. Get. Done.

On top of that, I decided to sign up for a Personal Trainer course. Why? I've always wanted to be a fitness instructor. And, why not? I have a dream of starting a fitness blog. (Actually, I've already started the blog but haven't done anything with it yet.) Stay tuned for that one.

Books on my bedside table this month:
Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool
The Year the Swallows Came Early by Kathryn Fitzmaurice
ACT Personal Trainer Certification (No one really cares who wrote that book. I just need to get it read.)

So, now go find a book and get your read on, get out and get some sun on your skin--even if it does mean freezing your hiney off, and remember to join me on Facebook and at SprightlingDiaries.com (as if you need another reminder).

3 comments:

Sue said...

Crossing my fingers for Indigo!

=)

Erin said...

Hey, I wanted to let you know I purchased The Sprightling Diaries for my kindle app on my iPad. (I haven't had a chance to read it yet, besides the chapters I read before, but I'm very excited to!)

Emmy said...

Hi friend!! Saw you comment on Em's blog and gasped- I miss you!

So this post is old- any word on the book?? If they are smart they published it.